10.14.4 Mac OS issue with Safari extension

dakeeper
dakeeper
Community Member

Hi.. updated the iMac to 10.14.4 yesterday and some issues since. The extension in safari showed but when I tried to fill I got an advertising splash window that said welcome to 1password 7 - buy buy buy etc. Now Im getting behaviour (which I think I've seen before) where after clicking the extension button the 1password window flashes up momentarily then disappears again. Unusable... Any advice? thx

1Password Version: 7.2.5
Extension Version: 7.2.5? from 1password 7 it says
OS Version: 10.14.4
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @dakeeper!

Is this happening with Safari exclusively, or do other browsers behave the same when you click on the browser extension?

• dakeeper
    dakeeper
    Community Member

just tried Chrome.. odd too but different. shortcuts bring up the window but when I click on the relevant log in it brings up safari!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@dakeeper

when I click on the relevant log in it brings up safari!

Just to clarify, is this happening if you click on a login item the browser extension within Chrome? Or are you referring to the desktop app?

I have never seen this behavior before, if indeed the browser extension in one browser is opening a second browser. Can I ask you to reboot your computer once and see if that also helps?

• dakeeper
    dakeeper
    Community Member

Rebooted. Same. In Safari I get a SUBSCRIBE TODAY window. In Chrome, when the mini window pops up and I click on the login suggestion offered it flicks over to Safari.

• dakeeper
    dakeeper
    Community Member

It seems to think I don't own 1 password when I try to fill a login in safari. Says you need to buy 1 password. But I dont see anywhere for the license info in the 1PW menus now...

• dakeeper
    dakeeper
    Community Member

as an update I reinstalled 1PW from your website. And the license menu item has reappeared and it recognised that im licensed. And safari seems to be ok. but Chrome still not ok. Reinstalled the extension but nothing happens when the mini window opens and I click on the selected login. doesn't autofill.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@dakeeper: To make sure we're on the same page, if you are not subscribed to a 1Password membership and have not purchased a license for 1Password for Mac version 7 (and applied it in the app), you'll have some restrictions. Do you have one of those?

• dakeeper
    dakeeper
    Community Member

Yes I have a license

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@dakeeper: For which version?

• dakeeper
    dakeeper
    Community Member

version 7.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@dakeeper: Great! Then all you need to do is follow the instructions in your license email to register the app. Give that a try and let me know how it goes. :)

• dakeeper
    dakeeper
    Community Member

the app is licensed fine. it says 'you are licensed' so I don't see how that is the issue?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@dakeeper - so I'm not sure what the problem still is here? If 1Password 7 for Mac is showing that it is licensed when you click the 1Password 7 > License menu, then you should be able to use standalone 1Password without restriction. Can you clarify what the problem is now?

• dakeeper
    dakeeper
    Community Member

Oddly, its all stable now. After the 10.14.4 update I had the behaviour above. And the License menu was not showing at all. And in chrome it would not work either. After reinstall of 1PW and a few restarts both seem to be behaving thanks.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Very odd, but glad to hear that all is well now. Thanks for the update! :)

This discussion has been closed.