Master password field not active/in focus when starting

Options
henningklasen
henningklasen
Community Member

For quite some time, I've noticed that the 1Password for Mac desktop app does not set focus on the Master password field when started/activated via Spotlight. Unfortunately it is not consistent. Sometimes sets focus on the field, sometimes it doesn't.

The feeling I have is that this happens when the 1Password app has been idle for some time and then gets activated via Spotlight.

The only solution I've found is to click the input field and then proceed to fill. After this has been done, the field is consistenly focused when app receives focus or is started via Spotlight. Even after quitting 1Password and starting it again, it is focused. And some hours later, the problem appears again.

Anyone else who has this issue?

1Password Version: 7.2.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.4.
Sync Type: 1Password
Referrer: forum-search:unlock

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@henningklasen: It sounds like you use 1Password similarly to me, and I haven't encountered that. Usually I just use 1Password mini, so I keep the main 1Password window closed. When I do need the main window, I press ⌘ Space to open Spotlight, and then "1p" and Return to lunch 1Password. I guess the question is, what does have focus in your case? I'm not sure it's worth investigating too deeply now since the next update will change things significantly, but I'd be curious if you see the same behaviour in the beta. 1Password can't steal focus back if something is taking it, and I wonder if there's some odd interaction with some other software on your machine, but it would be more worthwhile to investigate in the context of what we'll all be using shortly, rather than what will soon be outdated. Would you be willing to try that?

• henningklasen
    henningklasen
    Community Member
    Options

Yes I'd be willing to try a beta for sure!

I just made a screencast of the behavior. It seems it is more common to happen when the computer has been closed/locked. If you want to see the cast, please let me know where I can send it. Otherwise let's just see if it happens with the beta as well. :)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@henningklasen - I don't particularly need to see the screen recording (at least, not yet); let's see whether the issue persists with the beta.

This discussion has been closed.