How can I change the default vault used in the Firefox extension?

I had a 1Password account, recently upgraded to the subscription model. I ended up with two vaults, one synced to iCloud, and the other just copied over from the previous 1Password version. I didn't realize until much later that some passwords were being saved to one vault but not the other. Now, I just want to use the vault synced to iCloud, but the Firefox extension won't recognize that another vault exists. I've tried deleting and reinstalling the extension, changing my vault preferences on the desktop app, and now I'm not sure what else to try.

1Password Version: 7.2.5
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: OSX 10.14.4
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• qwertney
    qwertney
    Community Member

Oh, if I try to create a new account for myself, it recognizes the email as being connected to my non-iCloud synced vault. Why it doesn't see the other vault, who knows?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @qwertney,

I think the prudent move is for us to learn a bit more about the copy of 1Password for Mac you're having trouble with just so we can ensure any recommendations we make are accurate for your situation. To this end I believe the best first step is for us to review a diagnostic report from that Mac. Can you create one for me please and send it in. This link will guide you through the steps and has sections for the various supported versions of 1Password.

How to send a 1Password diagnostics report

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums

The email address you will want to use is support@1password.com.

Once you've sent the report you should received an automated response from us with a ticket ID. If you can post that ticket ID here it will help us locate your diagnostic report and we'll see what it reveals.

• qwertney
    qwertney
    Community Member

Hi @littlebobbytables, Thanks so much for your assistance. The support ticket number is #EMR-57991-242.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2019

Hi @qwertney,

I see one of my colleagues has already replied, I'll leave you in their capable hands :smile:

ref: EMR-57991-242

This discussion has been closed.