why does 1PW6 is now asking me to sign in with my Mac pw ???.

almost every time I use 1pw or 1pw mini, I get a pop up box asking me for my Mac's pw. Sometimes even entering that does not work to fill in password.
I'm using 2 Macs with Mojave 10.4.4 and 1pw 6.8.9

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: 4.7.3
OS Version: OS X 10.4.4
Sync Type: DROPBOX
Referrer: forum-search:Why does 1PW6 is now asking me to sign in with my Mac pw ???.

Comments

• LarsLars Junior Member

Team Member

@SausalitoDog - I'm sorry for the trouble. Would you be able to take a screenshot of the pop-up you’re seeing, and post it in a reply here?

• Here is what I get...actually I got it fewer times today, so there may be some explanation that I don't know about...???

• LarsLars Junior Member

Team Member

@SausalitoDog - so, do you see the little blue Safari logo on the lock there? That's a Safari prompt, not a 1Password prompt. :) More specifically, it's an HTTPAUTH prompt, which is becoming more and more uncommon (though still obviously not completely unhead-of). 1Password cannot fill these forms because they are (as you see) not themselves web pages (with which 1Password can interact), but rather from the browser itself. You can save these passwords in 1Password...but you will always need to copy/paste them.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file