How to use 1password for non-browser app?

I have an app install that is non-browser based that I want to use 1password for. What option do I use to add this to the 1password vault so that 1password will auto fill login and password?

1Password Version: 7.3.657
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How to use 1password for non-browser app?

Comments

• Hello, @dheince, and welcome to the forum! 1Password for Windows can't autofill in apps just yet. Outside your browser, there are two options for filling. First, you can summon mini (Ctrl + Alt + \ by default), search for the item, then use either the quick copy shortcut (Ctrl + Shift + C) or right-click to copy/paste your username and password. Alternatively, you can try using "Type in Window" – bring up mini, search for the item you wish to fill, right-click, mouse over either username or password, then select the window you want to fill in under "Type in Window". The latter only works for windows that are visible to 1Password (and not all are) so I tend to stick with copy/paste, but for windows that are available, Type in Window is pretty darned cool.

This is something we plan to improve on in a future update, so definitely do keep an eye out for changes and I hope this helps in the meantime. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.