failed to validate receipt

tyfn
tyfn
Community Member

Hi,

I bought 1Password on Appstore and getting now error 'failed to validate receipt' in console.
I already tried to restart, sign out from Appstore and start 1password.
No success till now
please help

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• tyfn
    tyfn
    Community Member
    edited April 2019

Really, no help?
    This is a issue for years and nobody can help ?

This is in Console:
    ` Failed to validate receipt Contents/_MASReceipt/receipt -- file:///Applications/1Password.app/, <OPAppStoreReceipt: 0x6000034dcf00, Version = 6.8.9;
    OrigDate = 2016-12-22T22:30:03Z;
    OrigVer = 6.5.3;
    BundleIdentifier = com.agilebits.onepassword-osx;

`

` 689000 [STORE:(Main Thread):<OPAppStoreReceipt: 0x6000034dcf00, Version = 6.8.9;
    OrigVer = 6.5.3;

] E verifyWithBundleIdentifier:bundleVersion:guidDataOrNil: | Failed to validate receipt, invalid hash `

• Hi @tyfn,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble getting your App Store receipt validated. Here is what I'd recommend trying:

1. Launch 1Password and then quit it completely using the ⌘⌥⌃Q (command+option+control+q) keyboard shortcut
    2. Drag 1Password from the Applications folder to the trash
    3. Reboot the Mac
    4. Empty the trash
    5. Reinstall 1Password (see below)

Please note that the current version of 1Password in the App Store (v7) will only operate with a 1Password membership. If you are using an old version (v6, as it appears is the case) Apple has instructions on reinstalling previously purchased apps here:

Redownload apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books from the App Store, iTunes Store, and Apple Books - Apple Support

If you install v7 from the App Store you'll need to upgrade to a membership to use it. That may be worth considering, but I'd like to make sure we're able to get this working for you as expected first.

Ben

• tyfn
    tyfn
    Community Member

Hi Ben,

how can I launch it, if I get app is damaged error ?
    It asks me to sign in and then FileVault several times tries to verify

Failed to validate receipt Contents/_MASReceipt/receipt -- file:///Applications/1Password.app/,

689000 [STORE:(Main Thread):<OPAppStoreReceipt: 0x600001a8cf00, Version = 6.8.9;
    OrigVer = 6.5.3;

] E verifyWithBundleIdentifier:bundleVersion:guidDataOrNil: | Failed to validate receipt, invalid hash

Nothing changed

• how can I launch it, if I get app is damaged error ?

My apologies. It wasn't clear to me from your original post that you weren't able to launch the app at all.

Nothing changed

You completed steps 2 through 5? If so I think the quickest way to resolve this will be to transition you to a download directly from our website, rather than from the App Store. Would you be open to that? If so please forward a copy of your email receipt from the App Store for 1Password to sales@1password.com along with a link to this thread:
    https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/103185/failed-to-validate-receipt#latest

Please let me know when you've sent that email.

Ben

• tyfn
    tyfn
    Community Member

Hi Ben,

I've sent a screenshot from my iTunes purchase List.
    That's all I have, hope it helps.

Thread link is in subject

Regards

• I imagine that'll be fine @tyfn. I've made sure your email was routed to the appropriate folks on our team. They should be in touch with further by email soon. Thanks!

Ben

ref: VHJ-26873-915

This discussion has been closed.