1Password mini no longer responds

Options
JamesHenderson
JamesHenderson
Community Member

Neither clicking on the icon in the tool bar nor </> are working for Safari and Firefox.

As it's part of the main app now, I cannot or uninstall/re-install it. I am not sure what has changed to trigger this.

Any ideas to diagnose and fix?

thanks,
James.

1Password Version: 7.2.5
Extension Version: 7.2.5
OS Version: OS X 10.14.4
Sync Type: 1password.com

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@JamesHenderson - sorry for the trouble! Have you restarted your Mac since this began? If not, please try that first. I'm not sure what might be causing this just from your description, but unless you know of something odd from around the time after which you started noticing this behavior, I'd recommend a good, old-fashioned reboot first.

• JamesHenderson
    JamesHenderson
    Community Member
    Options

@Lars thanks for the fast response.

..no, restarting made no difference.

• JamesHenderson
    JamesHenderson
    Community Member
    Options

hmm. I am having multiple symptoms with <> - sometimes nothing happens, sometimes it tries to unlock but then nothing happens once unlocked.

The 1password icon simply does not respond.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @JamesHenderson,

I am having multiple symptoms with <>

To make sure I have all the information, can you please let me know what you mean by <>?

• JamesHenderson
    JamesHenderson
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana sorry - autocorrect - I meant </>

• JamesHenderson
    JamesHenderson
    Community Member
    Options

...it's just started working again (after leaving it overnight) - this is an intermittent problem.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I am happy that this is working again @JamesHenderson :) Without any more information, it's difficult to say what might have happened, so please let us know if this happens again. We will be happy to take a closer look.

• JamesHenderson
    JamesHenderson
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana

no happiness here - as I mentioned, this is intermittent and has been off and on over the last couple of days - trust me it will stop working again.

Can you please tell me know what to try so I can jump on it when it reoccurs?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@JamesHenderson The best thing is probably to send us a diagnostic report as soon as this happens again.

Once you have done it, please post here the ticket number you received so we can locate the message in the system and connect the dots.

Thank you!

• JamesHenderson
    JamesHenderson
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana will do - thanks!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are welcome @JamesHenderson :)

This discussion has been closed.