1Password 7 says Read only?

I recently purchased a new iMac and migrated over all my data form the old to the new. I noticed that there was a new version out for 1Password 7, I downloaded it and installed with no problems... or so I thought. after verifying that all the passwords and login info matched I deleted the old version. I went in to add a new credit card and it says it's read only. How do I fix this? The original was a standalone version purchased in 2013 from the app store, (Not a Subscription) and I would like to keep it that way I don't want or need anymore subscriptions.

1Password Version: 7.2.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.14.4
Sync Type: Cloud

Comments

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

Hi @hhcamera! Welcome to the forum!

I noticed that there was a new version out for 1Password 7

1Password 7 is a paid update. In order to unlock full functionality, you need to either purchase a license upgrade, or activate a subscription.

The original was a standalone version purchased in 2013 from the app store, (Not a Subscription) and I would like to keep it that way I don't want or need anymore subscriptions.

In this case, you can download the old version from the Mac App Store once again, from your Purchases section :)

• I several threads it say there is a there is a paid version of 7 and that's good. I am willing to pay for the upgrade but don't see the benefit of a subscription for one person on one platform.
    I downgraded to version 6.8.8 for the time being and hopefully will be able to upgrade in the near future.

• I was unable to fine a standalone version on the website it kept reverting me to a subscription.

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

@hhcamera If you download 1Password 7 directly from our website you will be asked if you want to purchase a license (the Mac App Store version only supports 1Password Memberships). This tutorial also shows you all the steps to switch from the Mac App Store version to the website version, in case you need it.

This is what you should see after launching 1Password 7 downloaded from the website:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file