To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Problems with login

Options
Johann_Gruber
Johann_Gruber
Community Member

Hello.

I have to deal with the following problem: on the login page of a bank, I recently changed the username. Since then, I can no longer log in to my bank account on the Mac, but with Touch ID on the iPhone and on the iPad 5 already. After several failed attempts the login was blocked. I'm convinced that, logically, the same entries are everywhere. When you log in to the Mac, the username and username are not properly interpred for some reason.
The bank now changes the login from 3 to 2 digits.
And now the question: if I convert the login on the iPad in 2 digits, this new login would also be effective on the Mac under 1Password 7 and I can log back in as normal?

Can someone please give me some advice?

Thank you in advance!

Gruber Johann

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Johann_Gruber!

I have to deal with the following problem: on the login page of a bank, I recently changed the username.

Have you updated the bank entry in 1Password with the new username already, making sure there are no additional spaces at the beginning or at the end of the new username?

Since then, I can no longer log in to my bank account on the Mac, but with Touch ID on the iPhone and on the iPad 5 already.

Can you please clarify what you mean with this sentence?

And now the question: if I convert the login on the iPad in 2 digits, this new login would also be effective on the Mac under 1Password 7 and I can log back in as normal?

If you have sync enabled, any change you make to your 1Password data on any device will also appear in 1Password 7 on your Mac, correct. You can also update the item directly on this Mac too.

• Johann_Gruber
    Johann_Gruber
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for your prompt reply! Everything worked out wonderfully.
    Only I made a mistake. I use the Copy option instead of paste when inserting the login to insert the username and password. Unfortunately, I have to copy the username and password individually when logging in.

And now the question: is there still another way to automate this login as usual?

Thank you for your reply!

Gruber Johann

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Johann_Gruber Thank you for the update!

Can you please share the complete URL of this website so I can test it on my device and see if I can fill all fields successfully?

This discussion has been closed.