We are migrating away from LastPass due to lot of technical issues and a really poor support:
- ID of entries change when moving from one share to another
- API calls randomly fails due to SSL verification failures and break our DevOps scripts
- CLI sync randomly fails and may causes lost of unsynced secrets
- CLI in not officially supported
- CLI seems to be abandoned
We are currently investigation 1Password as a possible replacement tool. We intend to subscribe to Business plan.
It seems to have some really good features:
- beautiful UI
- groups / membership / permissions
- audit log
- custom fields
- multiple clients
But, currently the dealbreaker is the really poor performance of the cli. As we use our vault plugged with our DevOps scripts, we need a CLI tool that answer to secrets query in around 100ms.
So, we have some questions:
- is the CLI officially supported ?
- is there a limit capacity of the system ?
- is it possible to sync the vaults locally while still using your infrastructure ?
- is it possible to write a custom cli ?
- is there a documentation of the API and the encryption/decryption process ?
Thanks for your answers
1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided