Can I create a list of sites / fields for 1Password to ignore?

I love 1Password, but sometimes it gets in the way. Is there any method that I, as a user, can tell it to ignore certain websites or fields? For example, 1Password always jumps in over my Assignee fields on asana, which ends up obscuring the top couple of results and creating obstacles. Please see the image below, and thank you! :smile:

asana autofill

1Password Version: 7.3.684
Extension Version: 1.14.3
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:prevent

Comments

• arturoaubry
    arturoaubry
    Community Member

Hey, @imclay.

I don't think it's possible to do that in 1Password X (though I've read that it's been suggested and probably will be implemented in the future). However, if you're using the desktop versions (either for Mac or Windows) there's a way to add a domain to an exclusion list so it doesn't suggest you to autosave. Just open the desktop app and go to Settings > Browsers > Autosave, and add the domains.

I have to say I'm not a 1Password team member so you should definitely wait for an official response from them, but hopefully, this helps you in the meantime. :chuffed: Have a nice Monday!

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2019

Hey @imclay! Thanks for bringing this up, and thanks for your input @arturoaubry. :)

1Password X does not have an option to exclude certain domains from showing the inline menu. That's something we've discussed as a team, but ultimately, 1Password shouldn't be showing up on fields that it's not supposed to – like the one in your screenshot. We've since resolved the underlying issue in the 1Password X beta. The most recent version is 1.15.8.beta.

Check out this forum post if you'd like to install the 1Password X beta.

xplatform/brain-68

• imclay
    imclay
    Community Member

Thanks @arturoaubry !

@kaitlyn I have installed the beta and will give it a go. Thanks for the input!

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Awesome! Please give us a shout if you find any issues. :chuffed:

• kevink707
    kevink707
    Community Member

I'm running into something similar trying to use the administration pages for our Cisco ISE installation -- 1Password keeps trying to replace the Radius shared secret, TACACS shared secret, and SNMP community string fields for in device records with my personal login password. I'd love a "Never suggest anything on this page" option in 1Password.

• Thanks @kevink707. Did you try the beta mentioned above? If so is this still an issue there? We've tried to reduce the false positives for this feature, but there may still be more work to do.

Ben

• kevink707
    kevink707
    Community Member

I'm using Mac Version 6.8.8 (688001), do you have a beta for that?

• Ben
    Ben
    edited April 2019

@kevink707

This thread is about 1Password X, not 1Password for Mac (different offerings). :) You're a whole major version behind on 1Password for Mac, though. v7 is out now. You can read more about it here:

1Password 7 for Mac: The Best Ever | 1Password

If you have further I'd suggest starting a thread in our Mac category: https://discussions.agilebits.com/categories/1password-for-mac

Thanks!

Ben

• fatso83
    fatso83
    Community Member

This is still something that is relevant. Unfortunately the forum image attachment functionality isn't working ATM, so I can't show an image of this not working on GitHub, where 1Password adds itself to the branch selection menu on https://github.com/fatso83/check-commit-msg/compare/v2.0.0...master

• fatso83
    fatso83
    Community Member
    edited October 2019

Ha, turns I had to be logged in for the image upload to work ...

[screenshot removed by 1Password staff; this is a public forum]

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2019

Hey @fatso83! We actually just released a feature that allows you to hide the inline icon and menu on specific pages (until you restart the browser), and it may come in handy for you. It's currently available in the 1Password X beta. What's your preferred browser?

That said, I'm not exactly sure where the branch selection menu is that you're referring to, or at least I don't see a 1Password icon in the branch selection field that I'd think would be it. While the above feature may help for the time being, it'd still be nice to figure out the root cause so we can improve the overall filling experience. It looks like your screenshot was already removed by one of my colleagues, likely because it contained personal information. If you can post a screenshot but blur/block out any personal info, that'd be best. Otherwise, you can explain to me where the branch selection menu is that you're referring to on the page you linked and I'll try and reproduce the issue myself.

This discussion has been closed.