Access is denied when installing 1Password 7.3.684

This discussion was created from comments split from: 7.3.652 Installation Failure! [Fixed in 7.4.654].

Comments

• Justcruzinthru
    Justcruzinthru
    Community Member

I just received this same error with the version 7.3.684.

Is it possible the proactive measure mentioned above may have been missed? I am not downloading a beta version, but a stable one instead. I've rebooted, etc. Never had this sort of issue before.

• MikeT
    edited April 2019

Hi @Justcruzinthru,

Thanks for writing in.

I've split your post from the other outdated thread, the issue is not related since the proactive measure you've talked about has already been added in the last stable update and most users updated without any issues.

The issue here is that your system is preventing 1Password from competing its install. You can can try closing all browsers, exit 1Password if you see it running from the notification tray (right-click 1Password to select Exit), temporarily whitelist 1Password in your security tools, and try again.

You can also cancel it, try rebooting first and then see if you can download and install 1Password 7.3.684 manually from here.

• Justcruzinthru
    Justcruzinthru
    Community Member

Thanks Mike,
    I run Bitdefender for security tools and added exceptions for 1Password, and have rebooted. I tried installing the 7.3.684 executable from the link above, and still received the same error and upgrade failure. I am the only user on the box and the admin. I've been unable to find the files listed in the other thread on my machine, including reviewing hidden files, in order to delete them myself. For now, I've turned off automatic updates so it stops the notifications/prompts. I'll have to research it further when I have more time. Any additional suggestions are welcome. Thank you.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Justcruzinthru and @officially4h,

Mike shared a solution that helped with previous reports. If it doesn't work for you, we will need to investigate your cases individually.

Please share Diagnostics Reports from your computers, so we could take a closer look:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+windows@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostic Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox. You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :chuffed: Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
    Greg

• Justcruzinthru
    Justcruzinthru
    Community Member
    edited April 2019

Diagnostic report submitted.
    Reference Support ID is [#DJP-23512-83

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@Justcruzinthru: Thank you for the info! Let's continue our conversation via email to avoid any further confusion. :+1:

ref: DJP-23512-831

This discussion has been closed.