To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Editing in 1Password online

mbesemann
mbesemann
Community Member

I'm wondering if there is any way to add fields to a 1Password entry using the web interface - I saved a login but 1Password did not save the username correctly. However, on the web I don't seem to see an option to add the username? See below for a screenshot.

1Password Version: /
Extension Version: X 1.14.3
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• J_O_D
    J_O_D
    Community Member
    edited April 2019

It seems to me, you have saved a Password type of item, not Login. Password item does not have a Username field.

Just create a new Login item and copy your info in it.

• mbesemann
    mbesemann
    Community Member
    edited April 2019

Wow thanks @J_O_D, I never noticed that distinction before.

What would be the goal of saving just a password by itself? Perhaps a password that gets reused often in different contexts?

• There are passwords that may not have a username associated with them, and also the password generator uses the passwords category to save some items:

If you used the password generator and can't find the password to sign in

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• peacekeeper
    peacekeeper
    Community Member

What would be the goal of saving just a password by itself? Perhaps a password that gets reused often in different contexts?

I use that category for a lot of passwords/Pins, e.g. the printer code at work or the parental control code for netflix etc. These are all cases where there is no username or even a website associated with the information.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@peacekeeper - yup, and those are just a few of the possibilities. We're conditioned to think of Logins being associated with Passwords because, well, they so often are...but although that's true it's not true that they have to be always paired up. A Login item will almost always require a password, but there are plenty of situations that require a password that aren't website Login pages. :) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.