Logins require password ALL the time

Options

Windows 10 (current release)
FireFox (current release)

Securty Settings turned OFF

Trying to not have to login every time browser is opened/accessed

Is that possible or do I need to use a different combo of settings under Security?

Thanks,
Al

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @allawrence! My first question is what version of the extension are you using? Based on what you're describing, it sounds like 1Password X, but you didn't provide the version number so I like to make sure.

As of right now, the stable version of 1Password X doesn't communicate to the 1Password desktop application. It also operates solely inside the browser, so that means it has to lock each time you close your browser. We recently introduced Desktop App Integration in the 1Password for Mac + 1Password X betas, and we'd like to give some love to the Windows users as well. We're not quite there yet, but stay tuned. :)

• allawrence
    allawrence
    Community Member
    Options

I did not mention that I was using 1Password X since I was posting in the 1Password X forum... using v 1.14.3

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Perfect! My description above is the reason for 1Password X locking each time you close the browser. The way to edit 1Password X's settings (different from the 1Password for Windows app) is by clicking the 1Password X icon > Gear icon > Settings. You can change the time until 1Password X locks after your computer is idle and if it locks on sleep, but it'll still lock when your browser is fully closed.

• allawrence
    allawrence
    Community Member
    Options

Bummer.... BUMMER, sure encourages the use of 'easy' master password.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the feedback! We're working hard to bring Desktop App Integration to Windows so you won't have to unlock 1Password X when you open your browser any longer.

• allawrence
    allawrence
    Community Member
    Options

Anxiously awaiting.... another question... the forums indicate 2 versions of 1PX.... if I am reading it right how would I go about accessing the beta version?

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's a good question. We currently offer a 1Password X beta build in Chrome. You can find out how to install it here: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/79610/how-to-install-1password-x-beta-in-chrome#latest

• allawrence
    allawrence
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks....

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@allawrence: Alternative you can use the 1Password desktop app/extension together:

https://support.1password.com/1password-extension/

1Password X is separate, so it can be used by people without the desktop app, but as Kaitlyn mentioned we're working to have that integrate with the Windows app as well. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.