New Credit Card not saved.

JMcCorison
JMcCorison
Community Member

I'm trying to add a new credit card in 1Password7 for Mac 1Password 7 Version 7.2.5 (70205002) but after clicking save nothing is saved. Searching all of 1Password fails to find it anywhere.

1Password Version: 7.2.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.14.4
Sync Type: 1Password
Referrer: forum-search:credit card not saving

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@JMcCorison - I'm sorry for the trouble! How did you attempt to add the Credit Card item? Did you click the plus ( + ) button in the main 1Password 7 for Mac window, like this?

• JMcCorison
    JMcCorison
    Community Member
    edited April 2019

Yes. It then displays the appropriate form. I fill it out, then click the save button, but nothing is saved. If I try it from a Windows install it works fine. The account is a recent upgrade from legacy 1Password to the new cloud version.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@JMcCorison - so if you have a 1password.com account that already contains what you would consider a complete and up-to-date copy of your 1Password data, I'd suggest you:

• In 1Password 7 for Mac, click Help > Troubleshooting > Reset all 1Password Data
    • Quit 1Password 7 Completely by typing ^⌥⌘Q (or just holding down the Control and Option keys as you choose Quit from the 1Password menu)
    • Delete the 1Password 7 for Mac app. Don't use any app cleaners or uninstallers to do this, as these programs can remove more data than we want them to. Just drag the 1Password app to your Mac's Trash.
    • Empty the Trash
    • Restart your Mac
    • Visit our downloads page and grab a copy of the current version of 1Password 7 for Mac (7.2.5).
    • Run the installer, and sign into your 1password.com account within 1Password for Mac.

See if that solves the issue for you. Are you able to create a new Credit Card item and save it?

• JMcCorison
    JMcCorison
    Community Member

I'll try it this evening when I get home. Thanks for the help.

• JMcCorison
    JMcCorison
    Community Member

Lars - That solved that problem. Thank you. I have one new problem which I haven't encountered on the Windows version. All vaults
    shows no information. If I select each vault individually all the information is there, but nothing for all.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2019

Hi @JMcCorison,

Can I ask you to please restart your Mac once again? Do you see the same thing even after a restart?

• JMcCorison
    JMcCorison
    Community Member

This morning I checked it before trying a restart and everything is as I would expect. My laptop just sits in sleep mode overnight, not shutdown. Apparently it just needed a good night's sleep to recover from the effort of reinstallation. Thanks for all the help.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update @JMcCorison! :) I am very happy to hear things are working as expected now.

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to get back to us anytime, we will be happy to help you.

Have a wonderful day!

This discussion has been closed.