1 Password 7 cannot autofill in Safari Technology Preview on Mojave

2»

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Please allow me to add my two cents worth. The 1Password 7.3.2 extension Safari Technology Preview (Release 91 Safari 13.1 Webkit 14609.1) doesn't work in a timely manner under Mojave 10.14.6 It can take a min or two before logon details appears. The only fix I can find is by turning off then turn back on the extension. This works but you immediately have to do it again after a few mins.

@CristianUK: As mentioned above, the Safari fixes are not expected to come until version 13 is released officially. That will probably be soon, but it's all speculation on our part, as that's Apple's software, not ours.

Another frustrating issue, is the use of 2FA hardware keys. After enrolling a hardware key, when I try to log in using STP, after entering the password, I am asked to plug in a key and a set of gears come up. Plugging in a key is fine which authenticates. But if you do not have hardware key handy, you cannot cancel this request to fall back to a software based key.
    I can confirm under the latest MS Catalina beta build. the issue of falling back my "cancelling" when 1`password asks you to insert the key also exists under this build.
    Can we request that you look at introducing hardware 2FA to the Mac and Android apps please instead of just using a software generated key for greater security. I'm sure you Enterprise clients would also appreciate this.

Two-factor authentication is completely off-topic for this discussion, so I'll be brief. It is possible to use the authenticator code in lieu of the hardware token in supported browsers. And we do have plans to support hardware tokens in more places. But a part of that depends on the hardware tokens and their SDKs and/or browsers themselves. I'd encourage you to reach out to business@1password.com on that count, so we can discuss your use case more in depth and see what might help, either now or in the future.

Also as a member, and I allow to give advice/support other new or existing forum users if they have a question and I'm aware of what the fix or work around would be?

If your experience can be of benefit to a fellow 1Password user, please share it! :love: I'd just ask that you avoid giving the impression that you're giving an official answer. I'm not suggesting you'd intentionally mislead anyone, but experienced/technical folks can sometimes unintentionally comment with a degree of authority (due to expertise) that other users may misinterpret as being an official answer from 1Password staff. ❤

This discussion has been closed.