1Password on Windows seems to "reset" it's use of custom icons on each boot of the application.

Options

Hello,

I feel this is a bug but please tell me if I've maybe missed a setting or something. On 1Password on Windows, it seems to always load at first with the default 1P icon set for all of the items, and only several minutes later does it seem to then finally show all the custom icons I've been using for items.

None of the other 1Password apps seem to exhibit this behaviour, I only see this on Windows. I'm surprised by it too because I would have assumed that sort of data was cached locally, but it seems it needs to call or resync every time to grab the custom icons.

Is there a setting I've maybe missed that would help with this, or is this a defect that needs to be fixed?

1Password Version: 7.3.684
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10.0.16299
Sync Type: 1Password.ca Account

Comments

• This sounds like something in the UI rather than a genuine need to fetch those icons, @dustinddotca. They are cached locally, but when you first start 1Password, the UI is rendering, network is being configured, sync is happening and your local database is being update – it's a lot of stuff all at once and is currently being handled in manner that can cause delays in the UI. At this point, we've already made so many changes that will likely impact this behavior for the next version, I don't feel like tracking down the specific cause would be of much value. UI delays are somewhat expected for the current version and it sounds like your custom icons are persisting, just slow to display and it's almost certain that's a UI delay resulting from known issues. Many changes coming in 7.4 are intended to fix these delays so we'll definitely be very interested to hear about any issues like this that linger in that update. :+1:

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @bundtkate,

That response works for me, thank you for the detailed explanation. :+1:

As long as it's a known issue (or at least most likely caused by a known issue that would cause UI delays), then I can wait for it to be fixed in a future update. I'll try to check out the beta of 7.4 when it's available.

• It's no trouble at all, @dustinddotca! Sorry I don't have a better solution right now, but 7.4 is slated to be a big 'un, so there are a few of those issues where we're kind of in wait and see mode since tracking down the trouble in 7.3 would likely leave us tracking it down again come 7.4 since there are a lot of changes in this version. If you want to snag the beta, you can change your update channel to beta now in settings to ensure you get it. Choose 1Password > Settings and you'll find the option under Update. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.