Mac App Store Family Subscription

I've installed 1Password from the Mac App Store, with the intention of signing up for the family subscription, but the option is not available anywhere. I did signup (for the family subscription) via the website, before deleting my account and downloading from the app store.

When I open 1Password for the first time and click "start my trial", I see the following with no option to choose a family subscription:

but my iTunes account shows the following 1Password individual subscription already:

the app store page seems to suggest you can sign up for a family subscription:

Is it possible to sign up for a family subscription via the Mac App Store, or has something gone wrong for me?

Thanks.

1Password Version: 7.2.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.14.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• oricanorican
    edited April 26

Also, something looks a little wrong in iTunes, as next to the cancel subscription button, the text includes the phrase unless cancelled by @@[email protected]@

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member
    edited April 26

Hi @orican,

It isn't possible to create a 1Password Families membership within the apps. You'd need to create the membership on the website, skip setting up billing, and then sign into your account in the app. From there you'll be able to set up in-app billing. Once you're set up you'll want to delete & cancel the subscription for any other memberships you've set up so that you're not double billed:

How to delete your 1Password account

Manage your 1Password subscription

Also, something looks a little wrong in iTunes, as next to the cancel subscription button, the text includes the phrase unless cancelled by

Thanks for letting us know.

Ben

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file