Changing Face Book password

WebWiz
WebWiz
Community Member

I noticed that after changing FB it changed in 1Password as well. How did it happen?

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: High Sierra
Sync Type: Computer

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@WebWiz - I'm not quite certain, since I don't know what exact steps you took. Generally, the password-change process works (or should work) as described in this support article (that article even uses Facebook as an example!). Is this what you did? Even if you chose your own password instead of using 1Password's generator, when you click "Save Changes" or whatever the site in question uses to process the update, 1Password should offer to save the changes in a pop-up box. Clicking "Update Existing" should save the changes in 1Password for you. To be clear, we don't have an "auto-change" feature, so this is the only way to get your password updated in 1Password (with the exception of actually editing the Login item manually and entering it). Is this what you did?

• WebWiz
    WebWiz
    Community Member

I know that 1password offers to accept changes, have been using it for years, but this time it did not.
    Another weird thing that my computer had a new password of the face book, and for some reason it synced with the iPhone old one.
    That’s why I could not login at the start.

I will try to replicate the change of FB password again and see if 1pw would update automatically.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

1Password can't and won't save a password without some interaction from you -- if only clicking "Save"/"Update" when prompted -- but it's easy to do that without noticing out of habit. Anyway, let us know what you find. :)

This discussion has been closed.