New machine, can't see dropbox folder

calebk
calebk
Community Member

So I have a new machine. In the app when I sync using dropbox, then 'choose file', I can't see the folder.
When I open dropbox in safari I can see a folder called 1Password.agilekeychain. I cannot see this file in my Finder, only in the online dropbox.

Is this where I am linking. I have dropbox sync across my iPhone/ipad.

any assistance would be great.
Caleb

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: osx 10.14
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @calebk! Welcome to the forum!

I cannot see this file in my Finder, only in the online dropbox.

Have you installed the Dropbox app on your Mac already?

• calebk
    calebk
    Community Member

Yes - I can see thousands of files on dropbox from my finder...

• @calebk

Agile Keychain has been retired and superseded by OPVault. You can get 1Password to convert your Agile Keychain to an OPVault by double clicking on the Agile Keychain file in the Dropbox folder in Finder on your Mac (not the Dropbox website). Please note that after doing so you'll want to disable and re-enable syncing on each device — selecting the new OPVault as the sync source.

Please let us know how it turns out.

Ben

• calebk
    calebk
    Community Member

Hi Ben
    When I click on 1Password.agilekeychain I get taken to the opening page of 1password7. It asks if I want to start a trial or 'Used 1Password before'.

?

• @calebk

What license do you have? Is it a pre-v7 license? Each version of 1Password requires its own license (upgrades are not included). 1Password 7 requires either a separate license purchase or a 1Password membership. We're no longer advertising licenses, but they are available for customers who are already familiar with that situation and are comfortable with the "DIY" approach they offer. I'd highly recommend taking a look at 1Password membership, which will give you access to the latest versions of 1Password for all of your compatible devices (no more separate upgrade fees). You can read about the benefits here:

About 1Password membership

If you decide to upgrade to membership instructions for that can be found here:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

If you decide to go the license route pick the "need a license? we have those too" option at the bottom of the welcome screen. I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.