After update its not working, help please

gdaiva
gdaiva
Community Member
edited April 2019 in Mac

I updated 1password last week and now the extension on Safari is not working, keeps asking to update Safari, which i did, and restarted and and all that, still the same, there is a red sign on this new extension. Every time i open Safari, it keeps asking to update it.

The old Extension that i used to love on the top, its still there but it acts totally different and it doesnt fill my passwords inn.
This new one with red sing on it, its not responding at all.

Is there a way to get my old version back?
Or how can i fix it?
Thank you!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac Air
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @gdaiva! I'm sorry for the trouble. You say you updated 1Password for Mac last week? From what version to what version? You didn't give us the version-information, so can you tell us please:

1. What specific version of macOS you have installed?
    2. What specific version of 1Password for Mac you have installed (and what version you upgraded from)?
    3. What version of Safari you're using, and what specific version of 1Password extension you have installed in Safari's Preferences > Extensions?
    4. Any error messages you're getting, and any steps you've already taken to try to resolve this problem?

Thanks in advance. :)

• gdaiva
    gdaiva
    Community Member
    1. My MacOS is High Sierra 10.13.6 now i think it was 10.12
    2. Not exactly sure, but it was popping up to update for a few months now, so i just updated finally.
    3. I checked on Safari Preferences>Extensions. It says: from 1Password updated to 1Password 7.3 Beta-12
    4. When i open computer the message pops up that i need to update Safari and 1Password extension.
    5. The new extension that is now on toolbar has a red flag on it, and it doesnt work at all, if i click on it there are no sign of life, nothing at all.
    6. But what is the most annoying is that old little 1Pass icon on top doesnt work the same way as it used to. I mean i cant login into any websites that i need to .
      I dont know why the heck i updated, if it was working just fine.
      Please, help me get my old way back!
      Thank you
  • gdaiva
    gdaiva
    Community Member

this is the message pops up

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @gdaiva,

If you open the Applications folder on your Mac, do you perhaps see more than one copy of the 1Password app?

• gdaiva
    gdaiva
    Community Member

no, i only see one, 1Password7

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@gdaiva - ok, thanks. Can you please open a Spotlight search and type 1Pass into the search field, then scroll to the bottom of the list in the left side of the window and double-click "Show all in Finder." Look for all applications called "1Password." Do you see any besides the 1Password 7 app that's in your main Applications folder?

• gdaiva
    gdaiva
    Community Member

Hi Lars,
    sorry it took me so long,
    No, there is no any other 1Pass in applications,
    There in "others" were 1Pass.app.zip and safari.ext.something, so i deleted those and restarted computer.
    And when i logged in again the same box popped up to update Safari, and there is still the same red banner on 1Pass extention icon

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @gdaiva,

I think we will have to look at a diagnostic report from your Mac. Can you please create one and send it to [email protected]?

After you have done it, you will also receive a Support ID. Please post it back here so we can locate your message in the system.

Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.