1Password for Windows App fails to launch

Options

Team,

I am a new user to 1Password, and installed "1Password for Windows" on my laptop running on Windows 7 SP1 64-bit. Problem is: I'm unable to open 1Password application, tried re-installing couple of times but no luck. Error message as per the Windows event viewer says "Application: 1Password.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception."
"Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7601.24408, time stamp: 0x5c92f101".

I tried the solution documented in couple of forums (1) Check/Restart the Windows services i.e. Network Location Awareness and Background Intelligent Transfer Service (2) Uninstalled 1Password X Mozilla extension and re-attempted installation of 1Password app, both of them didn't worked out for me.

Any other suggestions please?.

Dinesh Ramachandran

1Password Version: 1Password.exe, version: 7.3.657.0
Extension Version: -
OS Version: Windows 7 SP1 64-bit
Sync Type: -

Comments

• bundtkate
    edited April 2019
    Options

Hello, @rkdinesh! I'd bet you've got an older version of the .NET framework on this PC. 1Password needs at least .NET 4.6.2 and, unlike Windows 10, Windows 7, 8, and 8.1 don't come with a new enough version of .NET. Try installing .NET 4.7.2 from here. Once you've done so, uninstall 1Password from Control Panel, then give installing 1Password 7 another go. Let me know if that gets things up and running for you. 🙂

• rkdinesh
    rkdinesh
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @bundtkate, it worked out. Thanks again!.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rkdinesh,

On behalf of Kate you are very welcome! I am glad to hear that it worked. :) Feel free to reach out to us anytime.

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.