problems with upgrade to V7

jscythes
jscythes
Community Member

Using OSX 10.12.6. 1 Password browser extensions are either unavailable (Safari) or often freeze (Chrome). Tried updating to V7, now i can't sign in. I've had a license for about 5 years Now. I'm pretty frustrated.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @jscythes! I'm sorry for the trouble. Can you give us a little more information so we know how best to help you? What do you mean when you say "unavailable" - does the extension become disabled? Present, but you can't click or use it? Something else? Please also let us know:

1. What specific version of 1Password for Mac you were running previously, and what you're running now.
    2. What specific version of macOS you're using
    3. What specific version of 1Password extension, and in which browsers
    4. What specific version of each browser you're using
    5. How you sync your data
    6. What happened that caused this to begin occurring? Or has it been happening for so long you don't remember when it began? Did anything else change on the system around that time? (upgrades, new software - particularly security software, etc)?
    7. Anything else you think we should know to better assist you.

Thanks! :)

• jscythes
    jscythes
    Community Member
    1. Was using 1Password 6.8.9
    2. OSX 10.12.6
    3. 4.7.3.90 for Chrome. Version 74.0.3729.108
    4. unable to install in Safari Version 12.1 (just says included w/ 1 Password here: https://1password.com/downloads/mac/#browsers
    5. Data is synched via a keychain on dropbox

For a while, all works fine. Then, i try to use in Chrome, icon appears in toolbar, but when rolling over, pinwheel of death appears. Then try opening the app, does not open. Have to restart my computer.

As a result, tried updating to 1 password 7. Can't sign in.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@jscythes - thanks for the additional information. Regarding your #4, if what you're trying to do is use 1Password 6 for Mac with Safari, it also says "Download extension for 1Password 6" just to the right of it:

...as a link which will take you to the bottom of the page, under the "using an older computer" section, where you'll see the link to download the Safari extension for 1Password 6 for Mac:

Try that, if you need to use 1Password 6 for Mac in macOS 10.12 (“Sierra”). My suggestion would be that you upgrade to 1Password 7 for Mac, but that (as you mentioned) means the extension will be pre-installed since it's part of the main app in 1Password 7 for Mac/Safari. 1Password also requires either a 1password.com account or the purchase of a new standalone license for version 7, so that's something to keep in mind as well.

At this point, to get a better idea of what might be going on with your setup, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

How to send a diagnostics report from your Mac

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the Subject line of your diagnostics emails before sending it:

[#DHV-36628-376]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. I'll take a look and let you know what I find out.

For anyone else reading, please note: this ID is for @jscythes only. If you’re experiencing the same issue and need help, please ask us for your own ID.

ref: DHV-36628-376

This discussion has been closed.