Suggestion: Chrome extension

Options

We can't read the record name because the drop-down list box isn't wide enough and the tooltip is useless.

User story: Can't identify the correct record to update.
While on a web page:
1) I've entered a pwd,
2) I click on the (i) button
3) I click on Save in 1Password
4) In the saved logins drop-down header (and in the drop-down list) the name can't be read because:
a) the dialog box isn't wide enough or
b) the tooltip isn't useful at all (it states "saved Login" which is already stated above the drop-down).

Suggestion: What we really need is to see the full name of the record the cursor is hovering over. For example I have 7 records that all start with "accounts.google.com - " Wait? Which user account I'm I trying to update? I can't tell because I can't see the full name of the record I'm trying to update.

Thanks

1Password Version: 7.3.684
Extension Version: 1.14.3
OS Version: Windows 10 Latest
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Update password dialog tool tip

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @Kabua,

I've tested this with my 1Password X extension, and when I try to log into gmail and click the 1Password button in the email field, I get:
    Gmail - Work
    Gmail - Personal
    Gmail - Test
    etc...

That is showing beautifully because when I saved these logins I also gave them a name (or edited the login and gave it a proper title/name).
    If you just save every login and keep the default name that 1Password suggests, you'll end up the way you did :chuffed:

My suggestion to you is to log into your https://start.1password.com account and edit all the login items that have similar titles/names and give them proper (short) names that describe them properly (like you see in my example above).

That being said, your suggestion sounds reasonable, perhaps we should adjust the UI of the dialog box or the tooltip to help out, but still - using it correctly and giving proper names to your logins will give you the best 1Password experience possible.

• Kabua
    Kabua
    Community Member
    Options

I can definitely do that. As a matter of fact, I have already done that with some but the GUI should still be widen to be more inline with the length of the title field. Perhaps even better, allow the dialog box to be sizable. As well as update the tooltip to tell me something I don't already know. Then you would have an awesome UI. We love using it!

Thanks for taking the time review my suggestions and responding back.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Kabua – no problem at all. We appreciate your feedback, and thanks for describing your use case in detail! :)

This discussion has been closed.