autofill fields not working

I'm developing a web app that includes a long form with many fields. Since testing it requires running through the form many times, I'm trying to use 1Password to autofill most of the form for me. The form does have a standard username and password field, but most of it is other information.

Unfortunately, the autofill functionality isn't working at all -- it simply autofills the username in every single field. The only fields that are filled correctly are the username and password fields -- everything else is just filled with the username. I've verified in 1Password that all the field names and values are correctly listed in 'All Fields', and the actual username and password fields are correctly flagged as such, but I can't get 1P to fill in anything but the username on any field. Tested in both Chrome and Firefox with the same effect.

Any thoughts? I don't want to post the URL since it's a development site, but I could share it via PM if it would be helpful.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    I'm sorry that you're having this problem. Please try saving the login manually like this:

1. Enter your username and password, but DO NOT submit the form.
    2. Click the 1Password button in your browser's toolbar, and select the "+" button in the upper right hand corner.
    3. Change the title and make any notes (if desired).
    4. Click the Save button in the upper right hand corner.

Manually saving a login can be useful for logins that are either problematic to begin with or were once working but have since stopped. Doing this allows 1Password to refresh everything it "knows" about the page. Login pages often change as websites are updated and this can be a necessary but very useful tip. :)

I would suggest disabling autosubmit for the Login so you can verify that everything is filling properly.

20111213-br4s3yshka286wsaxr16ty49ex.png

I hope that helps. If you're still having trouble, you can send me the URL in a PM.

Cheers,
This discussion has been closed.