How do I purchase a stand alone license for 1Password7? [Direct download only; no App Store]

tbarjonastbarjonas
edited May 3 in Purchasing

How do I purchase a stand alone license for 1Password7? I've installed the application as instructed in other forum posts. However, I cannot find the link to purchase the stand alone app.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How do I purchase a standalone license?

Comments

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

@tbarjonas

On the welcome screen, at the bottom, there is a link that says "need a license? We have those too." :)

Ben

• dancodanco Senior Member Community Moderator

That's as long as you downloaded 1PW7 from AgileBits. The version from the App Store is subscription only.

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

That's correct, thank you for clarifying this :)

• tbarjonastbarjonas
    edited May 3

I downloaded the program from your website. I don't see it. I scrolled to the bottom of what I assume to be the welcome screen and didn't see it. It could be that I couldn't open anything without creating a trial account and that was the only opportunity I had to purchase the license. I've tried deleting the app and reinstalling, but it doesn't give me a new opportunity to set-up a new account.
    This attached image is what I'm assuming is the welcome screen.

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Hi @tbarjonas

No, that is the starter kit that would appear after signing up for a membership trial. Membership is the recommended way to use 1Password but if you want to use a standalone license... you'd need to install 1Password from our website rather than from the App Store. Additionally you won’t be able to purchase a license while signed into a membership account, including a membership trial. This is intentional, and is designed to prevent folks from accidentally purchasing things they don’t need (as a membership covers access to all of our 1Password apps). If you are signed into a membership account, but want to purchase a license, you’ll need to sign out of that account first. Instructions on migrating from an account to a standalone vault can be found here:

How to move your data to a standalone vault to use 1Password without an account

You can then delete the membership using these instructions:

How to delete your 1Password account

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• Thanks, that got me where I need to be. Once I've purchased the standalone account, will I be able to link it to the vault I created on my computer containing the passwords from pro version?

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member
    edited May 3

@tbarjonas

Just to clarify some terminology, in the way we use it, standalone is not an account. The only types of accounts we offer are membership accounts. There is no account with us based on having a standalone license.

As to your question, you can learn about the options available to sync your data here:

Sync your 1Password data

If you have trouble with any of that please let us know. :)

Ben

• Thanks. Yes, I should have said stand alone application. I just wanted to confirm that the stand alone application could open the non-document data stored in the stand alone vault created within the subscription account.

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Okay, gotcha. That is what this guide should have done for you (getting your data out of the membership account and into a standalone vault): https://support.1password.com/cs/migrate-standalone/

When complete you should have a vault called "Primary" in 1Password. That is a standalone vault. That vault should contain all of your data.

Ben

• Thank you. You've been a tremendous help.

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

You're very welcome. :) If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file