Licensed 1Password 6 to 7 Upgrade questions. Note LICENSED.

I've been with 1 password since version 4 (2014?). Have avoided upgrade to version 7 since this is a different business model - but...
Version 7 would be easier to handle across multiple devices if I went hat way, I believe?.

Will this work, and how do I make this as smooth as possible?
I have iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015) and 17" Macbook pro (old) running version 6.
I have no password software on my iPhone SE or iPad Pro 2018 12.9".

I want it on all my devices and be able to transfer to new MacBook Pro when purchased later.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Have licensed 1Password 6 upgrade to 7 on iMac, iPhone, iPad Pro, MacBook PRo

Comments

• 1Password 6
    Version 6.8.9 (689001)
    AgileBits Store

• Mac OS Version 10.14.4 (Mojave)
    iphone Ipad on latest versions of iOS

• Hello? Anyone There?

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Hi @Jim_Ryan_2019. Welcome to the 1Password Support Forum.

Hello? Anyone There?

We make every effort to respond to all forum posts within 24 hours. :)

I want it on all my devices and be able to transfer to new MacBook Pro when purchased later.

A 1Password membership can be used on any number of devices. It gives you access to the latest versions of 1Password for all of your compatible devices. All you need to do when you get a new device is download the app and sign in to your account. Much easier than the previous way of doing things. :)

I've been with 1 password since version 4 (2014?).

Great! Thanks for sticking with us.

Have avoided upgrade to version 7 since this is a different business model - but...

Membership is a different model, yes, but the goal is to make things easier and I think it is safe to say that we've done that.

Version 7 would be easier to handle across multiple devices if I went hat way, I believe?.

Absolutely. Instead of managing licenses and manually configuring sync you just sign in to your 1Password account.

Will this work, and how do I make this as smooth as possible?
    I have iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015) and 17" Macbook pro (old) running version 6.
    I have no password software on my iPhone SE or iPad Pro 2018 12.9".

You can read about the system requirements for 1Password here:

System requirements for 1Password

As long as your devices meet the requirements I don't see why it wouldn't work. :) You can download 1Password 7 here:

Download 1Password

And then find instructions on migrating to a membership here:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

I'd recommend creating the membership in a web browser on a computer so that you'll be given the opportunity to print your Emergency Kit. I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file