1Password X not returning results from all vaults

I have a strange issue on my wife's account where it's not returning all the results. I'll run through our setup we have a families account as well as a teams account

Vaults
Family - Private
Family - Lee & Nic
Company - Private
Company - Shared

We both have logins for Amex, mine is in the Family - Lee & Nic and hers is in Company - Private. When on the Amex site only mine comes up and when we search for it only mine comes up.

I've confirmed we are searching in all vaults and it's set to display results from all the vaults. Where it gets strange is if you tell it to search in Company - Private it says no results found but 2 results available in other vaults. If you click that then both results appear including one in Company - Private?

She is only running 1PasswordX. Anecdotally I think I have seen in the past times where I couldn't find a login in 1PasswordX but when I searched the desktop application it came up but I don't have any evidence to back this up so take it with a grain of salt :)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.14.3
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @Lee_B,

I'm not even sure where to begin with such odd behaviour in terms of a plausible explanation.

If you and your wife use Chrome I wonder if you might try the following just to see if we learn anything from it.

1. Create a test Chrome profile. If you haven't made use of this particular Chrome feature before then the following Google support page should prove informative, Share Chrome with others or add a profile.
    2. Install 1Password X into this new Chrome profile, if it helps at all here's a direct link to the stable version. It's available at 1Password extension - Chrome Web Store.
    3. When prompted sign into the teams account and just for this part only the teams account.
    4. Check in 1Password X's settings and confirm that 1Password X's All Vaults is set up to include all the appropriate vaults. By default it should include all that your wife has permission to access.
    5. Attempt to search for the Amex item in both the All Vaults view and then directly from the "Company - Private" vault.

Q1. Does the search correctly list the item and does it do so from both starting search points?

1. Visit the Amex site and check to see if 1Password X correctly lists the Login item for filling.

Q2. Does it appear as it should or is it still missing?

If you're seeing anything approximating expected behaviour could you try adding the Families account to this second profile and see if the correct behaviour remains or whether you start to see any odd behaviour creep in.

If things seem to work in the test profile one possibility is to remove the 1Password X extension from the real Chrome profile, restart Chrome and then add it back. Maybe whatever the cause of the weird behaviour disappears even if we don't know the why. If you're seeing the same behaviour in the test profile then at least we're dealing with something that is consistent. If that's the case I would be curious to learn what happens if you save an entirely new Login item in the "Company - Private" vault, does it also share the same odd behaviour or does it appear where the original item doesn't in terms of searching and the quickfill menu.

I apologise that I don't have a definitive answer for you, I haven't come across this before so I'm unsure what the cause is.

• Lee_B
    Lee_B
    Community Member

Hello, sorry for the slow reply I was away mid week. So update, I went to try your suggestions above and I noticed my wife's Amex entry is nowhere to be found anymore. I reset the password and created a new entry and now everything seems to be working fine.

• Hey @Lee_B, thanks for keeping us updated. Very strange initial behavior, but I'm glad things are OK now. Definitely ping us again if you notice anything further. :smile:

This discussion has been closed.