Firefox 66.0.3 64-bit Issues with Plugin [no Firefox extensions are currently functioning]

Amarand
Amarand
Community Member
edited May 2019 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I use 1Password in Firefox all day long.

For some reason, this evening, 66.0.3 64-bit stopped working with 1Password plugin for me.

I tried to install the plugin, it says the download is corrupt.

I saw 1Password X, but I don't know if that's Windows or Mac. (I'm on Windows 10, latest.)

Anyway...hopefully we can figure this out. I miss filling credentials in Firefox!

I have an annual Families membership.

View 1Password Approved Answer

Comments

• mcj
    mcj
    Community Member

Same thing happened for me also, on Windows 10.

1Password X does work on Windows, it's kind of native to whatever browser you're using.

I had a bunch of other extensions go bad tonight also, including Duck Duck Go and iCloud bookmarks sync.

• Galaxytraveler
    Galaxytraveler
    Community Member

Same here today. Brought up Firefox boom! One password is kicked off the browser.
    Mozilla says "one password could not be verified for use in the latest Firefox so they disabled it."
    Well I did not ask them to verify it, just leave it alone if it has issues I will delete or fix it myself. :p

• fonebone42
    fonebone42
    Community Member

While using Firefox I suddenly got this message and the extension disappeared. Reinstalling doesn't work and I get the message that it can't be installed as the add-on appears to be corrupt .. any idea?

1Password Version: 7.3.684
    Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
    OS Version: Win10 1809
    Sync Type: Not Provided
    Referrer: forum-search:Firefox just disabled the 1password extension saying "add-on could not be verified for use in Firefox and has been disabled"

• @fonebone42

Please see above. :)

Thanks, and sorry for the trouble.

Ben

• Andrew42
    Andrew42
    Community Member

Despite having Firefox Studies enabled and hotfix-reset-xpi-verification-timestamp-1548973•Complete showing. I still have no access to 1P with Firefox. Any thoughts other than patience?

• Andrew42
    Andrew42
    Community Member

Back in business. My Firefox has not updated to 66.0.4 but all my extensions suddenly disappeared as well but I have been able to re-add them.

• Iwouldrathernot
    Iwouldrathernot
    Community Member

I am still out x 24 hrs
    As programs become more automated I am getting locked out more often and repair is more time consuming and difficult
    How often am I going to have to talk myself into updating then getting screwed. More and more and more
    Boy, that is a real security issue.
    I appreciate the 1PW folks, but it scares me that it will happen in 1PW, too
    and will happen where back up will not be current or fail

• Andrew42
    Andrew42
    Community Member

I live in Europe. Firefox updated to 66.0.4 when I opened Firefox help this Monday morning but my functionality had returned Sunday evening, my time.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update @Andrew42! :) I am happy to hear Firefox is working again for you too.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Iwouldrathernot The Firefox update might arrive to you at a different time depending on where you live. But because it has been published already, you shouldn't have to wait long :)

• PaKettle53
    PaKettle53
    Community Member

It's now May 6th 10 AM CDT and I still can't download the 1Password extension add-on for Firefox. Running the latest version. I get the "file looks to be corrupt" or "download failed; check your connection when I try.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @PaKettle53,

If you see “the add-on could not be downloaded” in Firefox on your Windows PC, please follow the steps in this guide. Let me know if it works. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

• PaKettle53
    PaKettle53
    Community Member
    edited May 2019

Nope. That did not work either. Whenever I try to add the download from Chrome to a Firefox window, it says, "the file looks to be corrupt."

• PaKettle53
    PaKettle53
    Community Member

Here is my solution, then...use Chrome as my default browser going forward and adding the 1Password extension to it.

• Have you double-checked for updates in Firefox, @PaKettle53? I had to manually force an update and reboot to get the fix myself. For whatever reason, it didn't seem to run automatically. In fact, since I haven't used Firefox on my work PC just yet, I checked now on this PC and Firefox again didn't automatically update. It was still on 66.0.3. Click the hamburger menu in the top right, then select Help > About Firefox, just to be sure. I'd not be surprised if it snags an update when you do. The version you want is 66.0.4. :+1:

• Amarand
    Amarand
    Community Member

On day one, it was enabling the "Studies" that fixed the issue for me. After enabling it, it only took a few minutes for the hotfix to kick-in, and all my plugins and buttons just re-appeared one after the other. Fun to watch.

Today, I'm on 66.0.4, which I'm guessing is the official roll of that hotfix into a point release?

I'm shocked folks are still having issues at this point.... We have about a dozen computers here and the ones I decided not to enable Studies on, auto-updated to 66.0.4 and self-corrected.

• Mozilla has mentioned some outstanding issues in their release notes, @Amarand, though in my review of those I didn't feel any should impact 1Password in any way. Depending on folks' update settings, how often they use Firefox (it's not my default, for example), and likely other factors such as whether the rollout was staged in any way, I'd imagine there will probably be some folks continuing to have some trouble today. Hopefully, though, we see the impact of this issue quickly dwindle and everyone is up and running soon. :chuffed:

• Amarand
    Amarand
    Community Member

It's also a reminder of how heavily we all rely on 1Password in our daily lives! @bundtkate

• Oh, I know it, @Amarand! I was watching my St. Louis Blues get depressingly and thoroughly outplayed by the Dallas Stars when folks started seeing this issue. As a result, I was peeking at Slack to try to distract myself from the travesty I was watching on the ice, so I ended up spending a bit of time at 10pm on Friday helping to get the word out. It was quite obvious we had some seriously distressed customers out there. I felt awful for them, particularly given there was nothing we could do to help right away other than explain what was going on and do we what we could to keep everyone in the loop with the latest news. In many ways, I know this is a compliment to us, but it definitely serves as a stern reminder that we need to be constantly vigilant and keep in mind ways we can help limit the impact of these sorts of issues.

• Andrew42
    Andrew42
    Community Member

Bundkate, I feel your pain. But since Brett and Bernie there has not been much to cheer for..

• And I missed out even on that, @Andrew42! I was 3 when Bernie retired. Still, last night's game gave me hope (dangerous, I know), so we'll see how it goes. If we make the finals and a problem like this Firefox kerfuffle pops up, y'all might have to wait for intermission that go. :wink:

• Andrew42
    Andrew42
    Community Member

They surprised me with their double overtime win, but then so did Liverpool. Fingers crossed they get to the final.

• Me too! :chuffed: 🤞

• PaKettle53
    PaKettle53
    Community Member

@bundtkate I was using Firefox 66.0.4. It wasn't until it was updated to 66.0.5 that I was able to download 1 Password X as an add-on.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Glad to hear that getting your browser up to date helped. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.