Syncing with Dropbox without any Desktop machine

Hi,

My grandmother has her first "computer". It's an iPad. She never had any computer before. She probably never will. She has already an iPhone.

We created her dropbox account. How sync 1Password on her iPhone with her iPad without Desktop machine ?

Thanks.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    The initial setup of Dropbox syncing requires the installation of 1Password for Mac or Windows (along with the Dropbox application) on a Mac or PC. You can use your own to set it up for your grandmother. Once you've got Dropbox syncing set up and working correctly, you can uninstall 1Password and Dropbox from your computer if you would like to do so.

The Dropbox application is always free, and you can use the free trial of 1Password to perform the steps required:

http://agilebits.com/downloads

Our Dropbox sync guide will walk you through the entire process:

http://help.agilebits.com/1Password3/cloud_syncing_with_dropbox.html

We're looking to remove the desktop requirement for Dropbox sync setup in the future, but for now it needs to be done.

Once again, a desktop is only required for the initial setup.

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!
  • mtnh2oskier
    mtnh2oskier
    Community Member
    I am having the same problem trying to get my mother's 1Password to sync via dropbox to her iPhone and iPad. She does not have a laptop. I tried installing the demo version of 1Password to use my laptop to do the initial setup, but the newly downloaded 1Password picked up my 1Password info on my laptop because I already have it installed and have used it for years. Do I have to uninstall 1Password and then re-install just to get her syncing properly??? As I have 1Password installed on all my computers I don't have one laying around without 1Password already installed! Please help. Thanks.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forums, mtnh2oskier! Only one 1Password data file is permitted per Dropbox account. You'll need to set up a Dropbox account for your mother and log into her Dropbox account instead of yours in the Dropbox Mac client. The easiest way to do the setup is in the OS X Guest account. That way you can be sure that it will have zero impact on your own data or account.

If you don't already have it enabled, you can enabled the Guest account on the "Users & Groups" pane of System Preferences.
    20120515-d4epdde89segw72umypu8736ap.png
This discussion has been closed.