Feature request: linking items to an identity for use with form fills

Options
Michael Paul
Michael Paul
Community Member
edited May 2019 in Mac

Sometimes we find forms that make everything available all at once, and it'd be nice be able to fill these in all at once without having to fill each individually. For example, I might be faced with a form that asks for my name, email, phone, address, bank account info or credit card, and perhaps a social security number.

I'd like the ability to LINK items to my primary identity (the one I use the most when filling forms) like a credit card, a bank account, passport, social security number.

Presently, I have to fill the identity (name, phone, address, email) and then fill the credit card, then the social security number, etc.

I'd like to do this in one click like I could with LastPass before they broke their own tool and made me switch to 1P.

Any hopes for an efficient and complete identity? In LastPass, with one click I was able to fill out forms in one click with ease.

1P has a "Related Items" section in an Identity profile, but it's unclear whether these serve as anything more than nice-to-knows. So far, my forms don't get filled with the linked information, unless I'm doing it wrong.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Michael Paul
    Michael Paul
    Community Member
    Options

...also, it seems that bank account information doesn't fill, though credit card information does.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Michael Paul!

Sometimes we find forms that make everything available all at once, and it'd be nice be able to fill these in all at once without having to fill each individually.

Can you please give us some examples of these forms?

it seems that bank account information doesn't fill, though credit card information does.

If you could give us an example of a website that requires bank information that would also be great.

Thank you!

• Michael Paul
    Michael Paul
    Community Member
    Options

For examples of forms that make everything available at once, I'd look to shopping cart checkout pages as examples. Many use a stepping-process where only one set of information is displayed at a time (e.g. contact info, payment info, shipping info), but just as many don't, exposing everything at once. It'd be great to fill everything with one fell swoop. I'm a recent LastPass convert and it had a great tool called Form Fills. It's basically an Identity with a favorite (one and only one) Credit Card, Bank Account, Social Security Number, and probably had a few other useful fields, too. Any time you needed to fill a form with your personal info, the right info was always just one keystroke away--until they inexplicably killed the feature.

For a bank account example, just go to any page with a bank account and routing fields. Health insurance web sites are one example--it allows you the option to set up recurring ACH payments. When I locate my bank account in 1P, there's no option to fill; only options to copy and paste the account, routing, and other info. Coming from LastPass, this was a really cool feature of Form Fills (the checking account attached to my personal identity) that they inexplicably took away.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the additional info @Michael Paul!

Are you able to share some specific URLs with us? I don't remember ever stumbling upon an online shopping website where the checkout information is all on one page (so I wouldn't know where to start searching), and my insurance company does not request bank account information, so if you could share the URLs, you would do me a favor :)

• Michael Paul
    Michael Paul
    Community Member
    Options

How would I share this info privately with you?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Michael Paul - if you'd rather not share URLs here in this public forum, we can definitely continue this conversation via email. Feel free to write in to support@1password.com. You'll receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant, which will contain a Support ID number. Post that number here in a reply to this thread, so we'll be able to "connect the dots" and make sure your issue is dealt with as quickly as possible. Hope that helps! :)

This discussion has been closed.