Login saved with textbox formatting

Hi

I have come across a website where 1Password is saving the formatting applied to a field when saving the login, which resulted in a failure to fill correctly.

As you enter a number into the mobile number field, it is formatted with brackets and spaces, then when attempting to fill the login details, all that appeared was (

I fixed the entry in 1Password afterwards, which allowed it to fill correctly, but something to keep in mind anyway

I'll update this thred with the versions of the app and extension later today.

Interestingly, I just tried in 1PasswordX (1.14.3) in Chrome, and it saved the formatting and was able to fill correctly.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @numpty!

I tested the website on my Mac and I was able to get 1Password to fill both items correctly, even with the brackets and spaces.

I think knowing the app and extension version later today would help (and also what browser this happened with, so I can make sure to test with that one too).

Thank you!

• numpty
    numpty
    Community Member

Hi @ag_ana

Software & versions:
    Windows 10
    Browser - Firefox 67b16
    1Password version - 7.3.684
    Extension - 4.7.3.90

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @numpty,

So I've attempted to reproduce, matching your setup as closely as possible in case any single part is a critical factor but so far my testing has only resulted in success like Ana had. I saved a Login item in the browser in both Chrome and Firefox and I found that even with the formatting present in the Login item that both items filled. Can you see if you can reproduce the issue with an entirely new Login item please. The steps I'm thinking of are those contained on our support page How to save a Login manually in your browser. Does the new item using the companion extension fail in the same manner as the original?

• numpty
    numpty
    Community Member

Thanks @littlebobbytables

I think this can be safely classed as a one-off.. I've been unable to reproduce the issue as well, gotta love those intermittent computer anomalies :|

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Hey, it's part of the fun and excitement. ;) Anyway, we're here if you need us! :)

This discussion has been closed.