Purchasing/membership options for older Mac running El Capitan (and newer devices)

Hi there! I am looking to start using 1Password for the first time. I have a 2008 Mac Pro running the latest version of El Capitan (10.11.6), and cannot upgrade the OS due to hardware limitations. I also have a MacBook Pro running High Sierra (10.13) and an iPhone 7 running iOS 12.

I understand that the most recent version of 1Password that will run on my 2008 Mac Pro is 1Password version 6.8.9. I'm pretty sure I can install 1Password 7 on my iPhone and on my MacBook.

What are my options for installing and getting a license for 1Password on these various devices?

I'm not sure if I need to buy a license for the standalone version 6.8.9 of 1Password for the older Mac Pro, and separate license(s) for 1Password 7 for the new devices, or if it would make more financial sense to go with a subscription. If I go with the subscription, does that also cover the older 1Password version 6.8.9?

P.S. I was also possibly looking at a family account to cover my wife and son as well.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6, OS X 10.13, iOS 12.2
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

Hi @Corwin! Welcome to the forum!

I understand that the most recent version of 1Password that will run on my 2008 Mac Pro is 1Password version 6.8.9. I'm pretty sure I can install 1Password 7 on my iPhone and on my MacBook.

Correct :)

I'm not sure if I need to buy a license for the standalone version 6.8.9 of 1Password for the older Mac Pro, and separate license(s) for 1Password 7 for the new devices, or if it would make more financial sense to go with a subscription.

1Password 6 and 1Password 7 require different licenses, so in your case you would have to purchase both. However, because you just need 1Password 6 on your older Mac, I think it makes much more sense for you to go with the subscription: once you have an account, you can activate 1Password on all of your devices, whether you are using version 6 or 7, without having to purchase anything separately.

I hope this helps!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file