mac v7.2.5 stopped synching with ios v 7.3 ) on 2 (both) of my iphones

Options
scottgjerdingen
scottgjerdingen
Community Member

my mac release of 1pass quit synching via icloud a few months ago. Annoying at first but now this has created some problems.

what should I be looking at to resolve this? if it matters, other apps are synching with icloud.

mac is v7.2.5
ios v 7.3
Thanks! scott

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @scottgjerdingen! I'm sorry for the trouble! The first thing you should do is visit 1Password's Preferences > Sync and see whether your vault is set to sync via iCloud there. How many days/weeks does it say since last sync? If it's not set to sync, please turn on iCloud sync. If it IS set to sync via iCloud, toggle it off briefly, then turn it back on. Does that force a sync?

• scottgjerdingen
    scottgjerdingen
    Community Member
    Options

Thank-you. the iphones are set to synch to icloud frequently and this works

As for my macbook, I cannot locate anything in the app that makes any reference to sync. I have no Preferences > Sync option within 1password on my mac.

i know I have seen these before in prior releases but I don't see them in my install of 7.2.5

1Password 7
    Version 7.2.5 (70205004)
    Mac App Store

OS X - 10.14.4

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @scottgjerdingen,

Normally, when you do not see the Sync menu in 1Password for Mac, this means that you are syncing via 1Password.com instead, where sync is automatic. Have you by chance added a Membership account to your 1Password app? You can check this in Preferences > Accounts.

• scottgjerdingen
    scottgjerdingen
    Community Member
    Options

Hi

I do have a membership account. I initially had all of this sync working pre v7.x via icloud and then maybe a year or so I was informed I needed to set up a membership account to get the 7x software upgrade compatible with the iphone software....I had no intention of using 1password.com cloud for synching, I just bought the membership for the software upgrade. I wanted to continue to use icloud (and I thought I was at that time?).

If I am understanding this correctly I need to change my sync options on my macbook so that I can direct the sync to icloud. How do I change sync from 1password.com to a icloud.com when there appear to me no sync options to change (on my macbook)?

if it matters, 1password is defined to my icloud as a app that can store data there.

Thanks!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@scottgjerdingen

...maybe a year or so I was informed I needed to set up a membership account to get the 7x software upgrade compatible with the iphone software.

I'm not sure where you heard that, but that was never the case. On iOS, 1Password has been and continues to be free to download/install and use the basic features (one vault, limited categories, etc. The Pro Features remain available for a $9.99 in-app purchase.

It is possible to use 1Password 7 for Mac in the way you're describing, but we definitely don't recommend it, for just the reason you're experiencing now. 1Password 7 for Mac requires either the purchase of a new standalone license OR a 1password.com membership. In order for the local 1Password for Mac app to "know" you've paid for a membership, you have to actually sign in with that membership, within the app itself. When you did that, it sounds as if your previous data from an earlier install was imported and added to your new 1password.com vault. But those 1password.com vaults cannot be just "switched" to using iCloud sync; they don't work that way. In order to keep using your standalone 1Password data synced via iCloud, you would have needed to activate local vaults (in Preferences > Advanced > Allow creation of vaults outside 1password accounts). Then, you could've synced that Primary (local) vault with iCloud, and left your 1password.com vaults empty. But it's a cumbersome system, and the ways to go wrong with that are multiple.

At this point, to get a better idea of what might be the specific situation on each of your devices, I'd like to ask you to create some diagnostics reports, one from each of your devices.

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the Subject line of your diagnostics emails before sending them:

[#KFL-31348-348]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. I'll take a look and let you know what I find out.

For anyone else reading, please note: this ID is for @scottgjerdingen only. If you’re experiencing the same issue and need help, please ask us for your own ID.

ref: KFL-31348-348

• scottgjerdingen
    scottgjerdingen
    Community Member
    Options

Hi - I am very delayed in responding with information you requested based on a support forum thread I started, but better late than never :-)

I do see a warning in one of the diagnostic reports similar to a suggestion made in this thread;

Known Issues
    Warning User has an Individual subscription through the App Store that is linked to a 1Password account which is not signed in the app.

So, I’m reading into this that my accounts may not be aligned between devices hence the lack of sync?

If it is this or something else, how do I go about synching 1password on these devices?

I have sent copies of the diagnostic messages requested to - support+ios@agilebits.com

Thanks!

Scott

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you! I confirm that we have received the diagnostics reports :) We will take a look and get back to you via email as soon as possible.

This discussion has been closed.