Not able to sign in with multiple accounts and the same e-mail address in parallel

Options

Hi there,
I'm having problems with signing into the 1Password Windows application with two separate accounts in parallel, one of them being a personal account and the other a family account. The catch seems to be that I use the same e-mail address for both accounts. The reason for this is that I'd like to migrate my items from my personal account to the family account and I understand that I need to create two separate accounts in order to achieve this (see https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/425043/).
However, whenever I am signed in with the one account and want to sign in to the other via the menu item "Accounts/Sign in to another account" I get an error message that either my sign-in address, the secret key or the master password is incorrect. I am certain I enter the correct data, because the login works for both accounts when I just log into one account. Whenever I try to add the second, the login fails.

Is there any way to log into both accounts at the same time to migrate my data? Once the migration is done I will just need the family account.

1Password Version: 7.3.684
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi there @warrwirr,

Thank you for reaching out! I apologise for the troubles with 1Password 7 for Windows.

There is indeed a known issue, which we plan to address in one of our future updates. In order to work around this issue now, you can do the following:

• Change the email address for your Individual account on 1Password.com (it can be done on your profile page). You should be able to add the second account to 1Password 7 for Windows after that.

• Send us a message to support+windows@1password.com and we will provide you with another possible workaround. You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a . Please post your Support ID number after that, so we can track down the report and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly.

Let me know what you decide. Thank you! :+1:

++
    Greg

ref: opw/opw#3842

• warrwirr
    warrwirr
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Greg,
    I was able to migrate my data with the first workaround. The issue is resolved for me.
    Thanks for your assistance!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@warrwirr - on behalf of Greg, you're quite welcome. Glad he was able to help. :)

This discussion has been closed.