Mac Sharing

I have 1 Password 7.3 on my iPhone purchased > 4yrs ago. Need to have on my iMac, MacBook Pro, iPad and my wife's iPhone all with the same vault. My wife's iPhone is a different Apple id. All other devices are on my Apple id. What is the best and most economical way?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Hi @Piratedad

A 1Password Families membership would allow you and your wife to use the latest versions of 1Password on any compatible devices. You can read more about that option here:

The best family password manager | 1Password

Assuming all of the devices you listed are relatively modern that would be what I would recommend. You can learn how to upgrade to 1Password Families and migrate your data here:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

With 1Password Families you'd each get your own private vault as well as a built-in shared vault, with the ability to create additional shared vaults if desired. If you want to have the exact same data and unlock 1Password with the same Master Password (i.e. essentially be the same person as far as 1Password is concerned) an individual membership may work for you. The instructions would be the same, just choose that option when you sign up.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• Ben,

Thanks for the reply. Our iMac runs High Sierra, the MacBook Pro runs Mojave, we have an iPhone XR and 6S. We only need one vault and one master password to remember. Can we use a single membership for all instead of the family membership?

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

You can, yes. :)

Ben

• How do I download & install new membership without losing current vault on my iPhone?

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Instructions on upgrading from standalone to membership can be found here:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

Please pay special attention to the instructions about deleting the old "Primary" vault once the data has been migrated (toward the bottom of the page). This step should be done on each device.

I hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any trouble.

Ben

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file