"Save Login" dialog not appearing when using Password Generator

andyi
andyi
Community Member

Hello,

I use 1Password with the Chrome integration. Whenever I need to make a new account on a site, I generally go to the Password Generator in 1 Password, paste a password in, and create the account. In the past, this triggered the dialog that offers to turn the password into a login for you, but for some reason, I often don't see this anymore! The Chrome password manager will pop up, but not the 1Password dialog. I have to go and find the password, convert it into a login, manually type in the username, etc. Super annoying!

Am I doing something wrong, or is there a possible bug here?

Thanks!

--Andy

1Password Version: 7.2.5
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: OS X 10.14.4
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Hi @andyi

Welcome to the forum. I'm sorry to hear about the trouble. You posted this question in our iOS category but from your description and version information it sounds like you may be having this problem on a Mac? Could you please let me know if that is the case? No worries if so — I just want to be sure I'm giving an answer appropriate for the situation, as the answer on iOS would be a fair bit different than the answer on Mac. :)

Ben

• andyi
    andyi
    Community Member

Hi!

Yes, OS X and not iOS. My apologies for sending this tot he wrong place!

Cheers,

—Andy

• No problem @andyi. Thanks for clarifying. If the password manager in Chrome is enabled that may be conflicting with 1Password. As a troubleshooting step (and something we recommend anyway) I'd suggest disabling that:

Turn off the built-in password manager in your browser

Please let me know if that helps. Either way, I'd recommend leaving it off so as to not conflict with 1Password.

Ben

• andyi
    andyi
    Community Member

OK, cool! Done. I will keep you posted.

Thanks!

--Andy

• Sounds like a plan. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.