Only US keyboard layout when defining password?

stoptaste
stoptaste
Community Member

Hi,
Is it possible to get any other keyboard layout than US on iOS when defining a new password? I would need or
like to see the german keyboard if possible.

When adding a new password or login on my iPhone in 1Password I see only the US layout, when typing charcaters...

Thx

1Password Version: 7.3
Extension Version: 70300003
OS Version: iOS 12.2
Sync Type: 1password server

Comments

• Hi @stoptaste

That's a good question. I know we intentionally restrict the use of 3rd party keyboards in 1Password for iOS as such keyboards are able to log your keystrokes, but I don't believe that should affect Apple supplied keyboards. Do you find you're able to access other keyboards in password fields in other apps?

Ben

• Farath2
    Farath2
    Community Member

I have the same problem. It’s an issue in several apps and not limited to 1password. When I change from the username to the password field, the keyboard layout changes from german to english. It’s true for all ios devices in our family.

• stoptaste
    stoptaste
    Community Member

Hi Ben,

I just checked it and if I go to Settings -> Password & Accounts -> New account on my iphone, the password field is presenting a german keyboard layout as usual. To be honest, 1password is the only tool where I noticed that it has been forced to US keyboard layout.

Cheers & good luck with fixing that, I would really like to see my native layout as I do miss some special characters...

Thx,
    stoptaste

• Thanks for the reports folks. With what seem to be conflicting reports... we'll have to investigate further.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.