Why can I not log in to the support forums using my 1Password account

While logged in to my 1Password account, I followed the 'Help and Support' link.
I was then prompted to sign in to post on the forum.

I could not log in using my 1Password account and password to post on the 1Password forums!
I had to create a new username and password.

Is this correct?

Am I going crazy?

Thanks in advance,
Michael

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Why can I not log in to the support forums using my 1Password account

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @MichaelMulvihill,

Welcome to the forum! Sorry for the confusion.

This is correct. Our support forum is a separate website and it has nothing to do with your account on 1Password.com. That is why you need to create a new account here.

If you are just getting started, this is great chance to give 1Password extension a try and save a new Login. Did it work? :)

Please let me know if it clarifies this situation. Thank you! :+1:

++
    Greg

• MichaelMulvihill
    MichaelMulvihill
    Community Member

Hi Greg,
    thanks for the confirmation - though I have to say, I find it weird and strange that I cannot log into the main means of 1Password support using my 1Password account.
    How do you deal with enquires that are specific to an account?

I would also like to highlight that there is no notification on the landing page for the 1Password Forums that you will need to create a new forum account, that is not linked to your 1Password account, to deal with enquires re your 1Password account.
    I went around in endless cycles trying to log in using my 1Password account, and at no stage was I told that I needed to create a separate account.
    Poor process and very poor communications.

All the best,
    Michael

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @MichaelMulvihill,

Our support forum has a different address (discussions.agilebits.com and 1Password.com), so I once again apologise if it turns out more confusing than expected.

If you have questions about your new 1Password account or 1Password apps, you can raise them here (although, please note that this is a public forum, do not post any private info) or contact us via email.

I hope it helps. We are always here for you. Thanks!

++
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.