Why do some words in 1P get surrounded by a square?

Options
grispass
grispass
Community Member

This is not vital but I don't understand. When I enter some info in 1P and then click Save I find that some of my words (usually numbers but sometimes a whole sentence) are enclosed by a square. I suppose this might help if 1P felt some letters or sentence was The Important Code or some such but it seems arbitrary. Any suggestions how to get rid of those square around words and /or numbers? Thanks

1Password Version: 7.2.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.3
Sync Type: I suppose so.
Referrer: forum-search:Why do some words in 1P get surrounded by a square?

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @grispass

Good question. :) I suspect this may be a case where you're using symbols in your text that are causing our markdown parser to format your text. Do you have a ` character ("grave") before the text where you're seeing this box?

Ben

• grispass
    grispass
    Community Member
    Options

That sounds interesting but no, no Grave, at all . This all very English and basic plus numbers etc.
    It does seem to pick up password-type words or list of numbers etc. I've changed the numbers on one just for you to see the idea if I can paste in an image. My notes etc are a bunch of words plus a few numbers and some paragraph type space in between. NO unusual @ & % √ etc. So hope you can see it now says it has it even if I can't see it! If you can't see it it is just a line frame around a bunch of numbers (usually or maybe some words on their own) Thanks, Griselda

• Ben
    Options

Please try this: To disable Markdown formatting, choose 1Password > Preferences > General and turn off “Format secure notes using Markdown”.

Ben

• grispass
    grispass
    Community Member
    Options

Dare I say that I have never looked at Preferences…(I do in lesser programs) But I would not have known what a Markdown was/is anyway! And of course you are right! Thank YOU! … A shame as it does help sometimes when it guesses that some lines would be clearer in the frame but then it sometimes just adds a frame for the fun or it. I’ll do some more homework. I thank you! I am impressed that 1P can be pretty friendly for non-mega-teckies. Griselda

• Ben
    Options

I’ll do some more homework.

You can learn more about formatting with markdown here:

Format your secure notes with Markdown

I am impressed that 1P can be pretty friendly for non-mega-teckies.

I'm very glad to hear it. Thanks for the kind words.

Thank YOU!

You are most welcome. :)

Ben

• grispass
    grispass
    Community Member
    Options

Pretty soon I'll have Strikethroughs everywhere, for the fun of it. But those Back-slashes will be useful. A whole new world... thanks again and a pleasant weekend. G

• Ben
    Options

Same to you. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.