1Password ext for Safari suddenly needs authorization and wants it EVERY TIME I USE Safari.

Options
dark_roast
dark_roast
Community Member

Using Safari on a MacBook Pro. Maybe there's a new version of the Safari extension? To use Safari at all, I must authorize for 1Password, and it does not remember that it has been authorized. Wants authorization and to show me a 'How to Use 1Password' video each time I start Safari.

1Password Version: 6.5.2
Extension Version: 4.7.3
OS Version: 10.14.4
Sync Type: I guess DropBox
Referrer: forum-search:1Password ext for Safari suddenly needs authorization and wants it EVERY TIME I USE Safari.

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2019
    Options

Hi @dark_roast! Welcome to the forum! :)

Can you please share a screenshot of that with me?

Is it by chance the same message that is discussed in this support article?

• dark_roast
    dark_roast
    Community Member
    Options

Hi ag_ana. It is the same message as you reference. I start Safari and try to enter a search term, but must authorize before I can use Safari. The authorization numbers match. I click Authorize and it works. A new browser tab opens showing a video on how to use 1Password. I can then use other tabs to use Safari normally. But ... next time I start up Safari, I have to authorize again. Repeat ...

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dark_roast, thank you for the confirmation!

I believe that your 1Password version is causing this. You are currently using 6.5.2, which is very old now. Can you please update your 1Password app to version 6.8.9 and see if that helps?

If you cannot update directly within the app (1Password Preferences > Updates), you can download https://app-updates.agilebits.com/download/OPM4 and install it to update it to the latest version.

Please let me know how it goes! :)

• dark_roast
    dark_roast
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your help.

• Ben
    Options

On behalf of Ana you're most welcome. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.