Safari: The disappearing 1Password Button

amorg
amorg
Community Member

One in every three times I open my Safari browser, the 1Password button isn't in the toolbar. I read the fix in your support pages, and every time it happens, I check whether 1Password is properly installed, and ticked in Preference / Extensions. And it is - every time. So I have to switch my Mac off and on again...which with an old iMac (2009) like mine, is a really tedious and long process. Is there any way to keep that button permanently on my toolbar?

Running Safari 12.1 / 1Password 7.2.5 / Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.6

Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Safari: The disappearing 1Password Button

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@amorg - I'm sorry for the trouble! Can you let me know what "fix" you're seeing/where you're reading this from? If you've recently updated 1Password 7 for Mac because you saw a prompt that said an update was available, you will have to restart both Safari and 1Password for Mac (or better yet, your Mac) to get it to show up again, since in 7.2.5, the 1Password extension for Safari is part of the main app (unlike older versions). Is it possible you just need to click "customize toolbar" on the Safari toolbar, and drag the 1Password extension up to the toolbar? Also, make sure that "Always keep 1Password Extension Helper running" is checked in Preferences > Browsers. Hope that helps! :)

This discussion has been closed.