Credit card filling is dangerously incorrect on Orbitz booking form

Hi, I just went to book a flight on Orbitz, and when I used the 1Password Chrome extension to fill my credit card information, it appeared to just fail to put the credit card number in the correct field. However, after I completed the booking I realized that 1Password had entered my cc number into the airline mileage rewards number field and the TSA Known Traveler number field. This is very bad because those fields are displayed in plain text in the receipt email! Please take a look; I hope the issue can be fixed. Also I think there's a more general issue here of filling fields that are not visible because they are not inside the current display area of the browser window. Ideally there would be some visual feedback that a field that you can't see has been modified.

1Password Version: 7.2.5
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: OS X 10.14.4
Sync Type: 1Password.com

Comments

• Greetings @ggilder,

Can I just confirm we're talking about https://www.orbitz.com/ please. We'll happily investigate and file an issue as that is definitely not right at all.

• Yes, that’s correct. I’d link to the page but you have to go through the process of booking a flight to get there.

• Hi @ggilder,

That's fine, I anticipated the likely need to create a test account and make my way through until the payment form in order to test and file and this category of site means we should be able to easily do that. I just wanted to make sure of the address before starting :smile:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file