Migrate data from frozen account to new account

MHeldens
MHeldens
Community Member

Like the title is mentioning, I would like to migrate data / accounts which are currently in a frozen test account to a new paid account.
I can't drag and drop the items. And also trying to add to account via Get Apps, will not migrate the data.
Is't because the account is frozen? Any help is appreciated.

1Password Version: 7.3.684
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 1809
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @MHeldens! Welcome to the forum!

Like the title is mentioning, I would like to migrate data / accounts which are currently in a frozen test account to a new paid account.

I have a question for you to see if we can do this the easy way: is there a reason why you are not subscribing directly to the account you have your data in? This would allow you to just keep using the one that holds your data without having to migrate everything to a new account.

You can just reactivate your subscription at any time to unfreeze your account and restore all functionality.

I can't drag and drop the items. And also trying to add to account via Get Apps, will not migrate the data.
    Is't because the account is frozen? Any help is appreciated

While your account is frozen, you can still view all your items and copy your passwords, so this should work. Are you trying to move items this directly from the 1Password desktop app?

• MHeldens
    MHeldens
    Community Member

Hi @ag_ana

Thank you for your response.

I don't want to reuse the test environment because the name is not correct and we tested a lot with groups and member ships, etc. We wanted to start completely fresh!

If I try to "move items" the response is

And eventually the item is not moved. Is this because the test account is locked?

Thanks again for your help.

Maarten.

• MHeldens
    MHeldens
    Community Member

Hi @ag_ana

Instead of "move items" I copied the items to our new business account. That was possible. After that I deleted the items in the test.
    So for some reason the move function doesn't work for me. But I reached my goal via a "work-a-round". ;-)

• @MHeldens,

Thanks for the update. Indeed, copy would be the correct operation here. If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.