1Password X not prompting to save

I'm a LastPass user that is giving 1Password a shot on the recommendation of a colleague. I use LastPass for my family and I'm currently the tech savvy one. I'm trying to figure out if a behavior I'm seeing is a bug or working as intended.

Assume I do the following:
1. Delete all records of dropbox.com in my vault and at chrome://settings/passwords
2. Go to http://www.buffer.com
3. Enter my email and password manually
4. Click "Sign in"
5. Wait for the logged-in page to load

If I use LastPass or Chrome password storage, I am prompted after (5) to save my password. If I use 1Password, I get a drop-down during (3) but nothing after (5). The drop down works, but is far less intrusive and even I forget to click it before hitting enter.

The only way I sold my partner on LastPass was that its password management was as aggressive as Chrome's. Is there some setting (using the Chrome extension, since my partner is on a Chromebook) that would cause 1Password to also have popups asking to save?

Thanks!

1Password Version: n/a
Extension Version: 1.15.1
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• brentybrenty

Team Member

@LoftyGoals: Thanks for getting in touch! I'm not sure we want 1Password to be known as "aggressive", but that's an interesting way of looking at it. :lol:

1Password X doesn't have autosave prompts at all, because it runs entirely within a single webpage when used, both for simplicity and compatibility. It's possible that may change in the future, but only if we can offer it in a way that improves the experience for everyone. For now this guide will give you a good overview of how 1Password X works, including saving logins:

Get to know 1Password X

However, if you are able to use the native 1Password desktop app/extension (Mac or Windows), that works similarly to what you're asking about, since it runs at the OS level:

Save and fill passwords with 1Password for Mac and Windows

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file