1Password's Rich Image service doesn't recognise some icons and doesn't sync manual uploads.

Options
Zectzozda
Zectzozda
Community Member
edited May 2019 in 1Password in the Browser

Hi there!

I've noticed that 1Password X doesn't store some website's logo in the vault automatically, and doesn't sync the manual upload to the Android app. I've added the following URLs to my 'personal' vault:

In an attempt to manually fix this, I begun with Archidekt. I looked at Archidekt's website via the Developer Tools Inspector in Mozilla Firefox, and noted it does use a favicon.ico file in the header, and a "logo.17ade688.svg" file elsewhere in the body. I attached the .ico file to my Archidekt item in my vault, as 1Password wouldn't accept the .svg file as a valid image format. I am aware that 1Password doesn't fall back on favicons as much anymore, but it still doesn't source this favicon file here. I haven't attempted this with the other three sites, but I suspect that they are relatively similar cases. I'll test later when I have time to confirm, if required.

I manually uploaded the attached file to my Archidekt item in the vault via the 1Password for Windows and it syncs to the 1Password X Mozilla Firefox extension. However, it does not sync to 1Password for Android.

Note: I'm using f.lux on my PC, which is why there is a yellow tint to the screenshots.

1Password Version: 7.3.684
Extension Version: 1.15.1 Firefox 64-bit
OS Version: Windows 10.0.14393
Sync Type: 1Password X Active Subscription
Referrer: forum-search:favicon doesnt save

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm sorry for the confusion. We absolutely, without a doubt, 100% don't want user's custom (manually-added) icons syncing to us and other users, both for privacy reasons and...well, I'm sure you can imagine what might happen if we did; it's the internet, after all. :tongue: I can't make any promises, but if you can provide high quality (~500px) icon and URL pairs, we may be able to add them in the future. And you can always add any icon you want to your items in the mean time. :)

This discussion has been closed.