Cant get MacBook to sync with iPad. iCloud account on iPad but not on MacBook.

Options
Mainer98
Mainer98
Community Member

Have iCloud account on iPad but cant get sync option on MacBook to allow devices to sync

1Password Version: current
Extension Version: safari
OS Version: current
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Cant get MacBook to sync with iPad. iCloud account on iPad but not on MacBook.

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @Mainer98! I can't be sure from just your description, but if you don't see the Sync panel of 1Password's Preferences, then it sounds as if you may have signed up for a 1password.com account instead, could that be possible? Look in 1Password on your iPad at Settings > Vaults to see what vaults you have there, then look in 1Password for Mac at Preferences > Vaults to see if they're the same. My guess is you might have a vault called Primary on your iPad, listed under "On iCloud," but a vault called either "Personal" or "Private" in a 1password.com account, indented under your name, on your Mac. Let me know if that's the case.

• Mainer98
    Mainer98
    Community Member
    Options

Lars,
    Yes that is correct. I do not have a “sync” panel on macbook. On the ipad I had a primary vault and a personal vault. I deleted the icloud vault. How can I get the ipad and macbook to stay in sync?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Mainer98 - if you're using the same 1password.com account on both devices, then the good news is that you already ARE in sync because, with 1password.com accounts, sync happens automatically via our servers. The easiest way to be certain is to check whether you're signed into the same 1password.com account on both devices. You can do that in Preferences > Accounts in 1Password for Mac or Settings > 1Password Accounts in 1Password for iOS. If you're still not sure or would like to verify that it's working, create a new Secure Note on each device and give each Note an easily-identifiable name, such as "From iPad" and "From Mac." Then give everything a moment to sync, and check whether you can see both notes on both devices. If you can, you're done, sync is working! Let us know how that works for you. :)

• Mainer98
    Mainer98
    Community Member
    Options

Lars,
    Yes that has cleared up my confusion. Thanks.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mainer98 - excellent! I'm glad to hear everything's working for you now. :)

This discussion has been closed.