Help! Know 2.3.2 containers cannot be mounted with Mac OS Mojave

boana001
boana001
Community Member

Hello,
I needed to update my MAC to Mojave yesterday due to other software requirements and after rebooting my Mac, I now cannot mount the dmg containers any more.
No error message, nothing. It is just not mounted.
Can you please help, how I can at least get access to my data and to copy them to another location?

Many tx.

Cheers
Kai

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @boana001! I'm not quite sure what you're referring to. I think you may have meant Knox, based on your title for this post? If so, unfortunately, I have a couple of pieces of bad news for you. The first is that Knox is officially retired. It still should work (though we haven't tested it extensively with more-recent versions of macOS), but the second piece is arguably worse news: Knox wouldn't cause your DMG or sparsebundles to not mount. You can and should be able to mount them outside of Knox, just through the macOS file system. Right-clicking any of them and choosing Open with DiskImageMounter should open the images. If that doesn't work either, then Knox is definitely not the issue. If that's the case, then it sounds as if those images have become corrupted. Try opening them that way, and see how it goes.

• zmjol
    zmjol
    Community Member

I had a problem with Knox under Mojave in that the Application would simply not appear when opened from teh Finder (nor would it show up in the menu bar). In my case it seems it turned out to be related to Knox trying to get access to the time machine backup volume which Apple has locked down in Mojave. The solution was to allow Knox full disk access in the system preferences security & privacy settings.
    Now everything works as advertised, and the Console app no longer reports "System Policy: deny(1) file-read-data..." for the Knox process.

• zmjol
    zmjol
    Community Member

As a PS: I really like Knox (as I also adore 1Password). Just a simple plea for its revival and continued maintenance :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

While Knox has been discontinued for years and we have no plans for it currently, I still use it too. I must have just allowed it when the OS asked the first time, so I didn't need to go into System Preferences myself to do it manually later.

Anyway, glad that worked for you, and thank you for taking the time to share it in case others run into that sort of issue with Mojave.! :)

This discussion has been closed.