How to unfreeze in this case?

EastbirdEastbird
edited May 16 in Purchasing

I use 1Password on my mac, iBook and iPhone. It was working fine.
As a matter of fact it still works fine for all the safes, except for one: the safe has been frozen; I do not know why and I can't undo this.
My license is on my name: [removed; this is a public forum]

1Password Version: 7.2.5
Extension Version: 70205002
OS Version: Os HighSierra 10.13.6
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:One safe has been frozen. I do not know why. The account itself is OK. I have a purchased account

Comments

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Hi @Eastbird

Thank you for taking the time to write in, and welcome to the forum. As this is a public forum (anyone on the internet can read what you write) I've removed your personal details from your post.

There are two ways to use 1Password these days. The first is with standalone data. This is the way it's been done since the beginning: you download/install our app, create your data locally on your own device, and then you can (but don't have to) sync it with other devices on which you want to use 1Password, by one of our 3rd party, advanced sync methods like iCloud or Dropbox. This is still possible to do. The second way to use 1Password is with a 1password.com membership. This is a subscription service in which we handle syncing and backups for you. It sounds like you're expecting to use 1Password the former way — with a license and standalone data.

"Freezing" is associated with memberships which do not have active subscriptions: If your 1Password account is frozen

It sounds like somewhere along the way you added a membership, perhaps a membership trial, to the mix. The frozen vault would be part of that membership. The best way to proceed would be to migrate entirely to a membership. You can read more about the benefits of membership here:

About 1Password membership

If you'd like to go that route instructions on migrating can be found here:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

If you'd prefer to stick with the licensing option you can do that. You'd need to create a new standalone vault, copy the data from the membership vault to it, and then delete the membership:

How to delete your 1Password account

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file