Sync option not available in Preferences

Options
scarmona
scarmona
Community Member

I had a personal, free 1Password account. Then, I migrated it to a paid membership through my company. On my iPhone, I can see both vaults - the Primary on iCloud, which was the first one I had; and the Private company one. However, on my Mac, I can only see the Private one, and I cannot see a Sync option in the app preferences. Can it be a company setting that doesn't allow me to sync the other vault? I'm signed into iCloud on all devices.

1Password Version: 7.2.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.14.4
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

Hi there @scarmona

First off, a bit of a terminology correction. "Accounts" for 1Password refer exclusively to people with 1Password membership subscriptions. There is no such thing for 1Password as a "free account" as what you have been using so far was not actually an "account" as 1Password means it.

With that aside, the reason you don't see Sync preferences on your Mac is because you only have membership vaults on that one. 1Password memberships take care of syncing automatically with their own built in service. There are no sync preferences with memberships because it is all handled for you by the membership itself. So as to not confuse people, if the 1Password app only has membership vaults connected to it, the standalone sync preferences will be hidden as they are not necessary.

In your case, if you want to sync a standalone vault on your Mac separate from your existing membership, you will need to turn standalone vaults back on. This can be done by opening 1Password and going to 1Password>Preferences>Advanced and checking the "Local Vaults" box at the bottom.

As a note, though, using standalone vaults in conjunction with memberships can be sometimes be a little clunky, so you may want to put some thought into signing up for your own personal membership as well. It's totally up to you, though, since there already is the separation between work and personal stuff.

• scarmona
    scarmona
    Community Member
    Options

Setting Local Vaults worked like a charm. Thank you so much for such a thorough reply!

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

You are most welcome @scarmona. :)

This discussion has been closed.